Well, firstly, my promise to publish a blog post every week has gone a bit off target. Ok, not a bit, a lot. Why? Well, actually, I don’t even have a really good excuse, it’s just that the start of this year has flown by and I’ve had lots of little things going on that have all merged together to form a big thing.
I haven’t even kept up with my plan for the 3rd book release date in June/July. I actually do feel bad about it, because so many people have been kind, and have followed me, and I haven’t kept up my side of the bargain. So, I am really sorry. I’ve neglected my readers, and also my current books that are out there. Especially ‘Bringing Billie Back’ that only came out before Christmas and I’ve hardly promoted it at all. Luckily, people have still bought it and have left some great feedback. Thank you!
Here’s a run down of ‘stuff’ that’s gone on:
Edits…Edits…Edits – before I start book 3 it’s been really important for me to edit book 1 (Friendship, Love and Apple Tea) as I was mortified by the amount of little mistakes I found, or that kind readers let me know about. It doesn’t seem to matter how many proof reads there have been, or by how many people – mistakes have still got through. And, as book number 3 is the sequel to 1, I wanted to put the first one right. So, I’ve been heavily involved in my edits and about to upload the new version. Those with a Kindle copy will get the auto update.
- Starting book 4 – this is a non-fiction book which has been on the back burner for a long time. I’ve planned the chapters, but can’t start it properly until book number 3 is done. It’s really hard, as I am itching to get started, but I know what will happen… I’ll be working on 3 and 4 at the same time and neither will get finished. The really good bit is that my lovely illustrator has already designed the cover, which is fab!
- I’m going to be working on a great project with a lovely lady who has asked me to co-write her story of a very huge battle… more of that another time, I should start working on it next month.
- My big brother turned 50! I can’t believe it, it seems like just a few years ago that we were kids together, and suddenly he’s a grown up… not only a dad but a grandfather also!
- Planning my husbands 50th weekend… yes, he turns 50 too this year. It’s always a bit weird as our birthday is the same day, so it’s nice when it’s a special one. Am excited about it already and there are months to go! I’ve told the dog where we’re going, and I trust him with the secret.
- MS Fatigue Clinic – I’ve just completed session 6 of an 8 week clinic that our fabulous Milton Keynes resource provides. It’s designed to look at how to manage the fatigue you get with MS, and find some balance between energy and demands. I’m going to really miss everyone in my group when it finishes (especially Ann who makes gorgeous cakes each week…) and the ladies that run it.
- I’m going back to being a consultant! This is after just over a year in a full-time role following many years self-employed. I’m returning to our business that I set up, which my husband has been looking after very well whilst I’ve been away from it. I’ve been putting my feelers out, making contact with those that could have forgotten me, but thankfully haven’t, and I’m really excited about it. I’ve been getting to grips again with Articulate Storyline (great piece of software for e-learning) ready to work on a couple of projects, plus some technical authoring too. Puglet will be happy as it means I’ll be working mainly from home. So, it’s a win win…
So, that’s it… see, nothing to really justify not blogging much, but I’m getting back on track. Thank you to everyone who has bought copies of my books and have continued to put reviews on Amazon etc. Sales went crazy a few weekends ago, which was an unexpected, but fantastic, surprise. If you’re missing the sunshine (like me) then the books might pick you up a little as they’re both set in hot, sunny places. And, hey, Spring and Summer is just around the corner. Toot Toot!